If I had to pick a favorite dessert, it would have to be pumpkin bars topped with cream cheese frosting! While pumpkin bars can be enjoyed year-round, they are definitely the quintessential fall treat. These would be great to bring to a fall tailgate, Thanksgiving dinner, Friendsgiving or really any fall get-together. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk (or regular milk)
- Whisk eggs, sugar, canola oil and pumpkin together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Gradually add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour mixture into an ungreased 9×13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let bars cool after baking.
- For the frosting, mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together with an electric hand mixer. Add milk, if needed. After the bars have cooled, spread frosting evenly over the bars and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tip: Sprinkle a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top of the frosting, or try adding candy corn or pumpkins to the top of each bar!
What’s your favorite fall treat? Let me know in the comments!