Prep: 20 minutes | Bake: 20-25 minutes | Yield: 12 muffins
The quarantine baking frenzy continues! I was seriously debating making some more cinnamon sugar banana muffins, but unfortunately, I didn’t have any bananas that were ripe enough. I did have a bunch of fresh blueberries though, so I thought I’d give this delicious-sounding blueberry muffin recipe from Allrecipes a try! I made a few minor tweaks to the original recipe (see below). Happy baking!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, add the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir thoroughly.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the egg, canola oil and almond milk. Then, add the mixture to your bowl of dry ingredients and continue whisking until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- After washing and straining the fresh blueberries, add them to the mixture and gently stir with a spatula.
- For the crumble topping, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, softened butter and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl using a fork. Continue mashing until the mixture resembles brown sugar.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line your muffin tray with liners and fill each about 2/3 of the way full with the blueberry muffin mixture. Then top each off with an even layer of crumble mixture.
- Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes. Once they’re done, remove them from the oven and leave them out to cool.
What have you been baking or cooking lately? Let me know in the comments below!